Layering human intuition onto the architecture of science and technology
Rapid Prototyping: Goodson Builders
by Matt Weilert
Goodson Builders is a scattered lot builder in Austin, Texas. This partial site is an excellent example of rapid prototyping: menu placement and rough layouts can be evaluated. This is the next step up from paper mock ups. Using components from the Orchidesign library, this design validation model was constructed in days, rather than weeks. (OD library components require annual licensing.)
What I did:
- Designed site look & feel and logo graphics
- Created cross-browser compatible HTML
- Researched US Treasury to validate and display graphs of market trends.
- Optimized photos for best web display and low-bandwidth transmission
- Worked with (off-line) Ad agency to ensure consistency of marketing message
- Authored site body copy to supplement office-provided text
- Programmed rollovers using pre-existing scripts
- Structured information flow
Tour the Demo: [in new window] http://www.skerja.net/clients/gbuild/
|Contact us today!
Learn how Rock Eel Café can
leverage your technology investment,
both on and off the web.
|Have you fallen prey to three-click groupthink?
Read this article from The Industry Standard to find out!
The print edition of this article appeared 20 March 2000, p. 101
Of Related Interest
- Jakob Nielsen's Use It website discussing ergonomics, user interface and much more.
Sly Snippets of Cool Code…