Layering human intuition onto the architecture of science and technology
Web Site, E-mail, On-site Consulting: The Oasis
by Matt Weilert
High above Lake Travis, in the beautiful Texas Hill Country there is a destination that stands alone. The Oasis Restaurant and Marketplace is actually the only entry on the top-ten Central Texas visitors list that is privately held (not a public/gov't facility)! With that kind of strength, The Oasis wanted a web partner with whom they could grow. During this first stage redesign of a template site, I kept a similar look but drastically simplified the code. Rock Eel Café has provided various back office support to divisions within The Oasis' parent holding company.
What I did:
- Created cross-browser compatible HTML
- Restructured e-mail gateways
- Extensive strategy sessions with Comptroller and staff to ensure consistency of marketing message
- Authored site body copy
- Programmed rollover scripts
- Structured information flow
- Provided On-site training and troubleshooting
|Contact us today!
Learn how Rock Eel Café can
leverage your technology investment,
both on and off the web.
|Have you fallen prey to three-click groupthink?
Read this article from The Industry Standard to find out!
The print edition of this article appeared 20 March 2000, p. 101
Of Related Interest
- Jakob Nielsen's Use It website discussing ergonomics, user interface and much more.
Sly Snippets of Cool Code…